Medicare Billing & Collections Specialist
iRhythm Technologies, an innovative cardiology medical device and service company, is working to combine a novel device, analysis method, and business model together to create a new approach to cardiac rhythm monitoring. iRhythm is looking for a Medicare Billing & Collections Specialist for the full Medicare billing process, from customer account setup to application of cash receipts and collections, and will also include assistance with general accounts receivable tasks.
San Francisco, CA
Senior Financial Analyst / Accountant
- Review of customer Medicare enrollment form and Medicare set-up in the Company's proprietary online system used by its customers to enroll patients
- Daily review of new patient enrollments to ensure accuracy and completeness in the Company's proprietary online system
- Weekly reports of outstanding patient information to the billing contact at each account
- Export Medicare patient data from the Company's proprietary online software to a third-party Medicare billing online service
- Prepare and submit clean claims to Medicare electronically from third-party online billing service
- Respond to billing questions from patients, accounts, insurance companies or internal groups, such as Customer Service or Finance
- Prepare, review and send patient statements via the third-party online billing service
- Research and resolve claim discrepancies and effectively communicate to customers, sales force, and management.
- Perform various collection activities including, but not limited to, contacting patients directly by phone or email and correcting and resubmitting claims to third-party payers
- Application of cash receipts
- Participate in development and update of training and work instruction materials for both internal and external use
- Assist with training of customer staff on use of the Company's proprietary online patient-tracking system
- Collaborate with the Company's IT team on ongoing system enhancements
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Specialists with invoicing, cash application and monthly reconciliations
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as requested
- Maintain compliance with job specific proficiency requirements
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- 3-5 years' experience in medical billing
- Associate degree or two years college course work, preferred
- Proficient with ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Positive attitude and team player
- Strong ability to use critical thinking skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of medical terminology specific to Cardiology
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
This is a full -time position. We offer an excellent benefit and salary package.
This fast-paced company is looking for the right candidate to join us at this exciting time in our development. Qualified candidates should submit their resume including salary requirements to email@example.com.
iRhythm Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D).