iRhythm’s Global Ethics & Compliance Program
At iRhythm, our mission is to boldly innovate to create trusted solutions that detect and prevent disease. To help us meet this mission, we have developed five core values to provide direction in our daily activities and to serve as a reminder of the way that we will conduct our activities as we strive to transform our mission into reality. At iRhythm, we believe integrity builds trust in our business, and modeling the highest standards of ethics and compliance helps us create and maintain a culture of integrity.
Our Global Ethics and Compliance Program provides a comprehensive framework to detect and prevent behaviors, such as violations of law or company policy, which could harm iRhythm and the people we serve.
Our Code of Conduct has been developed to provide our employees and our partners with guidance and access to resources needed to operate with unquestionable integrity. The Code is designed to deter wrongdoing and to promote:
- Honest and ethical conduct;
- Compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Prompt internal reporting of violations of the Code;
- Accountability for adherence to the Code; and
- Full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in our reports and public communications.
Our Code applies to all employees and members of our Board of Directors. Each of us has an obligation to read and understand the Code. iRhythm also engages consultants, contractors, and other third parties to perform services for the Company; these individuals are also expected to read, understand, and abide by the Code.
To review our Code, please refer to the link below:
iRhythm's Code of Conduct
Overview of The Global Ethics & Compliance Program
iRhythm is committed to conducting business lawfully and with integrity for the benefit of employees, the Company, customers and the patients we treat. iRhythm’s Ethics & Compliance Program reflects this commitment and the Company’s values. The Global Ethics & Compliance Program is built on the “Seven Elements of an Effective Compliance Program” as recognized by the Office of Inspector General (OIG) of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Our values guide how we accomplish our mission and treat each other and those we serve.
The fundamental elements of our Global Ethics & Compliance Program are described below. In accordance with the Code of Conduct Guidelines, we have tailored our Program to fit the unique environment, organizational structure, resources, operations, and size of our company.
- An Ethics & Compliance Officer and Committee: The Chief Compliance Officer oversees the Program and reports directly to the Audit Committee of iRhythm’s Board of Directors. The Chief Compliance Officer is also in charge of developing, operating, and monitoring the Program by providing oversight to the compliance staff responsible for daily implementation of the Program.
- Effective Training and Education: iRhythm is committed to effective and efficient compliance training and education for employees and agents to aid them in meeting their ethical obligations. iRhythm regularly reviews and updates its training programs and identifies additional areas of training on an annual basis with courses, reports and training sessions.
- Open Lines of Communication including an anonymous Ethics Line: iRhythm abides by a strict “Non-Retaliation Policy,” which promotes an environment where employees can raise questions and concerns without having fear of retaliation. We offer several resources for employees and agents to report violations, including our Ethics Helpline, available 24/7. The toll-free number for our U.S. Helpline is: 1 (844) 884-0117.
- Internal Risk Assessments, Auditing and Monitoring: iRhythm holds annual monitoring and auditing reports of our Global Ethics & Compliance Program to evaluate its effectiveness. The nature of our reviews, as well as the extent of our compliance monitoring and auditing, varies according to several factors, including but not limited to: regulatory requirements, changes in business practices, or other conditions or circumstances.
- Written Policies, Procedures, and Standards of Conduct: iRhythm’s commitment to ethics and compliance is set forth in our Code of Conduct, which gives us the extensive policies and procedures intended to help iRhythm operate with relevant laws and regulations, industry codes and business practices. The iRhythm’s Code of Conduct sets forth the ethical principles that guide our daily operations, reflecting our values identified in our introduction.
- Prompt Response to Violations & Deficiencies: iRhythm is committed to taking appropriate corrective action when an area for improvement or issue within the Program is identified. The results of auditing and monitoring are communicated to our Chief Compliance Officer, Board of Directors, and executive leadership.
- Disciplinary Guidelines: iRhythm requires that all employees and agents abide by our Code of Conduct and guidelines as a condition for continued employment. iRhythm supports ethical behavior and holds annual evaluations for performance reviews, promptly investigating reports of misconduct and taking prompt disciplinary action against those who violate our Code of Conduct or policies.
iRhythm recognizes that compliance is a dynamic concept, so we constantly review and update our Program to improve it and make it more effective.
Request a Copy
To request a copy of The Global Ethics & Compliance Program and iRhythm’s annual declaration of compliance, call (844) 884-0117 or contact Ethics and Compliance Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission, Vision, and Values
Corporate Governance / Investor Relations
Annual Compliance Declaration
Declaration for California Compliance Law
As part of its ongoing efforts in the area of compliance, iRhythm has developed a Comprehensive Global Ethics and Compliance Program that is designed to comply with applicable federal and state laws and industry standards relating to the marketing and promotion of its products.
As of the date of this declaration, to its knowledge, iRhythm is in compliance with its Comprehensive Global Ethics and Compliance Program, as described here, and with California Health & Safety Codes (HSC) 119400-119402.
Dated: July 2022
Report a Concern
iRhythm has implemented several methods for individuals to report suspected concerns of non-compliance including an Ethics Line and web portal. iRhythm encourages individuals to “Speak Up” if there are any questions and concerns. iRhythm has a Non-Retaliation Policy to ensure individuals feel comfortable reporting suspected non-compliance in good faith.
The Ethics Line and web portal are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are hosted by a third party. Concerns reported are treated confidentially and shared only with those that need to know for investigation purposes. iRhythm’s Ethics Line can be accessed by telephone in the U.S. by dialing (844) 884-0117.
Telephone numbers and instructions for employees based in other countries are published on Zio Pulse. Reports to the Ethics Line may also be made via the internet:
Global Industry Codes
Advamed U.S. (March 2022)
MedTech Europe (March 2022)
Japan Federation of Medical Devices Association (2018)
For questions, please contact:
Mark Day | Chief Technology Officer
Nicole Greene | VP, Global Legal and Corporate Secretary
Jonathan Call | Senior Director, Supply Chains and Systems Engineering
Sumi Shrishrimal | Chief Risk Officer
Modern Slavery Act statement
iRhythm Technologies Inc. and iRhythm Technologies Ltd. (“iRhythm”) are committed to maintaining high ethical standards, protecting human rights and acting with honesty and integrity in everything we do. We do not tolerate any form of modern slavery, forced labor or human trafficking in any part of our business or supply chain. iRhythm is committed to combating the risk of modern slavery from our supply chain and operations on a global scale.